Thursday, August 16, 2012

Season for Tags



Had seen the Santa Tags by Lisa Lara but could not find directions so I will explain how I made mine. I used Kraft paper from PaperTreyInk for the tags. The first photo is of the three tags that the Sizzix die Tags, Scallop Combo #2 makes. I used the larger of the three for my tags. I used white card stock from Georgia Pacific and the red and green are from the scrap file. Used the Stampin Up 2 Step Bird punch for the mustache. Used the Martha Stewart Holly/Berries punch. Used the Cuttlebug and the D'Vine Swirls embossing folder for one of the beards. Ribbons are from the stash.


I did this in different colours to make it easier to see. I cut the large die out of yellow and from the bottom up I trimmed the tag to leave approx 2 1/2" inches. So you are cutting off the top of the tag. I then used a circle punch that is 1 3/4" and punched the blue circle and on my tags this is the blush face. I put the blue circle on top of the 2 1/2" tag piece and centered that and used a pencil and drew around this. Your circle face will be about 2/3 on the tag and 1/3 off. Of course I used a light pencil line for my tags but made it darker for you to see on this sample. The curved pencil line will help you when you use the 1 3/4" circle punch to punch the opening in the beard for the face. Once you have your beard piece trimmed and cut then I used the Stampin Up Sahara Sand ink and sponged the insides of the cut circle and then sponged the edges of the circle for the face. I adhered the beard to the tag matching up the bottom. Then adhered the face circle. Then using red scraps I cut the top of the die only out of the red--see below:


Then adhered this red piece to the face piece on the tag matching it to the top of the Kraft card stock tag. I then cut a small piece of the white card stock, sponged the edges and adhered that for the brim of his hat. Used a circle punch and scrap black card stock for his eyes. Used the 2 Step Bird punch and punched out two pieces of the bird wings for the mustache and sponged the edges of those and put those on his face. Using a light pink chalk I put chalk on his cheeks and for his nose. Once I had all the pieces on the tags I then sponged all the edges of the tags. Used the holly/berries punch and put a set on each tag. Added ribbons and he is done. Made a plain one and also the swirled beard. This was simple to do and it uses up more scraps so that is always a good thing! Hope to be making more tags as I go along. . . But this is what these tags look like:


So thanks to Lisa Lara for too cute Santa tags and best thing is they use up scraps... TFL

3 comments:

MaryH said...

Both are ADOR-able. Fwd'd your attachment to Gloria. She'll love 'em too. TFS

lifesabeach32940 said...

I am so glad I found your blog!! What an AWESOME project, and I love your instructions!! Thank you!!



Judy

Candee said...

Hi Mary and Judy--thanks for the nice comments--as for instructions I try to explain things as clear as I can so even if someone has never made a project I did they can now know how and where to start. Too many times I see projects and no instructions so you are left on your own to figure all that out --- :9( Thanks for stopping by! Candee P